The Manufacture of Surplus Realities
Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 4:00 p.m.
Kinnear Centre 3rd Floor #301
Mexican artist and architect Pedro Reyes discusses four of his recent projects: Baby Marx, a film where puppets explain the history of ideas in politics and economics; the Urban Genome Project, a mobile forum that maps the decision-making process in cities; Mutantes, the translation of literary texts into other mediums, ranging from algebra to cooking; and Palas por Pistolas, a campaign in which voluntary donated weapons were melted into shovels to plant trees.
VENUE CHANGED TO Kinnear Centre Room 301
- 11:00 a.m. Mountain Art and Craft Sale
- 12:00 p.m. Opening Weekend Film Screening: From the Arctic to Africa
- 3:30 p.m. Opening Weekend Film Screening: Trails and Triumph
- 4:00 p.m. Mountain Artwalk
- 7:30 p.m. Opening Night Feature Film: Cerro Torre with David Lama
Help Support Events
As a non-profit organization The Banff Centre is proud of the many donors that help it thrive.
Become a donor now!