Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 7:30 p.m.
Eric Harvie Theatre
$35 | Child $25 | Subscriber $25
Twenty-five years ago the Cowboy Junkies gathered in Toronto’s Holy Trinity Church with just one microphone and one day to create a record. The resulting album – The Trinity Session – shot them to stardom. Their version of the Velvet Underground hit Sweet Jane was celebrated by Lou Reed himself as, “the best and most authentic version I have ever heard.”
The Cowboy Junkies are known for their introspective, quiet intensity. Their new album, The Wilderness, continues the beautiful melodic brooding that they do so well. Don't miss their soulful Sunday night performance in Banff.
- 11:00 a.m. Mountain Art and Craft Sale
- 12:00 p.m. Opening Weekend Film Screening: From the Arctic to Africa
- 3:30 p.m. Opening Weekend Film Screening: Trails and Triumph
- 4:00 p.m. Mountain Artwalk
- 7:30 p.m. Opening Night Feature Film: Cerro Torre with David Lama
Help Support Events
As a non-profit organization The Banff Centre is proud of the many donors that help it thrive.
Become a donor now!