2013 SIGNATURE IMAGE
The signature image on a postcard.
The signature image is used on our marketing materials which include: posters (both in Banff and in approximately 40 countries on the World Tour); postcards; banners; website (Festival website as well as World Tour host sites); 30,000 Festival brochures; 36,000 Festival programs; and 80,000 World Tour Magazines.
We are offering an honorarium of $1,000 (CAD) for the chosen image. The photographer will also receive far-reaching exposure of their work, and the winning image will be featured prominently on our website and during an exhibition at the 2013 Festival, along with the winner’s profile and biography. News of the winning image will be include in a Photo Competition media release and announced on our Facebook sites for the Festival, Radical Reels and The Banff Centre. Every use of the image will be properly credited and copies of all materials will be provided to the winner.
- Theme: The signature image will need to reflect our mountain-themed Festival. We are particularly interested in images of female adventurers in the outdoors!
- Concept: We are looking for an image that evokes passion and energy, has a dynamic and enticing landscape and/or features a mountain activity.
- Orientation: We are looking for an image that works both vertically and horizontally. Most of our marketing materials are vertical (posters, banners, postcards, ads, etc.), but for web and video production, a horizontal orientation is preferred.
- Clean: Our marketing materials need to incorporate the placement of numerous sponsor logos, so we are looking for images where these can be easily incorporated.
- Exposure: We want an image that hasn’t already appeared in a national ad campaign or been featured in magazines.
- Free of commercial elements: We want an image without prominent commercial elements such as clearly visible logos.
- JPG files are preferred, 1MB max per image. (The winner will be asked to provide a high-resolution file—at least 300dpi when used at 11" x 17" or larger.)
- Please provide a maximum of 5 images. Send us your best choices!
- We also welcome lightbox/gallery web links as long as they are created specifically for this competition – and ideally so that we can download the images for the selection process.
We thank you for your entries. The 2013 competition is now closed.