2013 Summer Music Programs Audition Tour
The Banff Centre will be holding auditions for our 2013 Summer Music Programs. Audition time slots are filling up quickly so be sure to apply by the application deadline, submitting all supporting documents and a request for audition.
Conservatoire de musique de Montréal
4750, avenue Henri-Julien
Montréal, QC, Canada
Monday, January 28, 2013
9 a.m – 5 p.m.
The Royal Conservatory of Music
Glenn Gould School
273 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON, Canada
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
9 a.m – 9 p.m.
Juilliard School of Music
155 West 65th Street
New York, NY, USA
Sunday, February 3, 2013
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
New England Conservatory
290 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA, USA
Monday, February 4, 2013
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Cleveland Institute of Music
11021 East Boulevard
Cleveland, OH, USA
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
3 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Each audition will be 10 minutes maximum.
- Please be prepared to perform three contrasting works.
- Choice and difficulty of repertoire will be considered and should reflect the applicant’s strength.
- Piano accompaniment is encouraged but not obligatory and must be arranged by the applicant at their own expense.
- A resume must be handed in at the audition.
- Orchestral excerpts are not acceptable.
Auditions are being held for the following programs:
- Chamber Music Residency for Pre-formed Ensembles
- Master Classes for Strings and Winds
- Banff Festival Orchestra
Application deadline: January 7, 2013
Applicants to the above programs can participate in a live audition or submit a recording with their application package. For all other music programs, apply online and submit a recording.
Auditions must be requested on your online application. You will be contacted by the Office of the Registrar with your scheduled audition time once your application and materials have been received.
All applications and supporting materials must be received in the Office of the Registrar by the summer music program application deadlines.