2014 Summer Music Programs Audition Tour
The Banff Centre will be holding auditions for the following summer programs:
Applicants to these programs can choose to submit a recording online using our SlideRoom application system, or participate in a live audition. All other music programs should submit supporting materials online via SlideRoom.
Audition time slots will be allocated on a first‐come‐first‐served basis. Requests must be included in your application. The Office of the Registrar will then contact you with a scheduled time. If you do not receive a slot, or the proposed time does not work for you, you will be asked to upload audio files to SlideRoom instead.
Auditions will be held in six cities between
January – February, 2014:
Tuesday January 21
New England Conservatory
290 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115
Wednesday, January 22
Conservatoire de musique de Montréal
4750 Avenue Henri Julien Montreal, QC H2T 2C8
- New York
Friday, January 31
The DiMenna Center
450 W 37th Street New York, NY 10018
Sunday, February 2
The Glenn Gould School
273 Bloor Street West Toronto, ON M5S 1W2
Monday, February 3
Cleveland Institute of Music
11021 East Boulevard Cleveland, OH 44106
Location details and dates will be confirmed soon
- Each audition will be 10 minutes maximum.
- Please be prepared to perform three contrasting works.
- Choice and difficulty of repertoire will be considered and should reflect the applicant’s strength.
- Piano accompaniment is encouraged but not obligatory and must be arranged by the applicant at their own expense.
- A resume must be handed in at the audition.
- Orchestral excerpts are not acceptable.
All applications and supporting materials must be received in the Office of the Registrar by Wednesday 8th January.