Visual Arts Aboriginal Preparatorial Work Study
Program dates: August 29, 2011 - March 2, 2012
Application deadline: June 30, 2011
How to Apply
- A non-refundable processing fee (varies per program, click for details)
- Application form
- Cover letter
- Resume/curriculum vitae (include artistic activities if applicable and employment history)
- Two references (one artistic/academic, one from employment history)
- Digital documentation of art work (if applicable)
- Statement of learning objectives (max. 150 words)
- List of technical skills (identify each skill as: beginner, intermediate, advanced)
Candidates must complete all appropriate sections of the application form. The application and all required support materials must be received by the Office of the Registrar by the stated deadline.
Participants are selected on the basis of prior training, experience, demonstrated interest, and assessed potential in Visual Arts.
Please do not send original magazines, newspaper clippings, or books as they cannot be copied for adjudication purposes. Applicants sending portfolios from outside Canada must attach (on the outside of the package) a declaration of value for customs. Failure to do so may result in customs charges; any charges incurred will be charged to the applicant’s account. Portfolios will be returned to applicants who do not attend The Banff Centre. Those selected to participate may claim their portfolio upon arrival from the department.
All programs, faculty, dates, fees, and offers of financial assistance are subject to change. Program fee subject to applicable taxes. Non-refundable fees and deposits will be retained upon cancellation. Any other fees are refunded at the discretion of The Banff Centre.