Program dates: September 23, 2005 - September 26, 2005
Application deadline: September 16, 2005
Come grow your user experience skills working with world-leading experts at Creative CANUX, the Canadian User Experience Workshop presented by the Banff New Media Institute Accelerator program.
User experience is critical to project success, and Creative CANUX offers hands-on learning for user-centered design that will help you and your team create better experiences.
Geared for intermediate and advanced professionals, this four-day program features:
- instructional and inspirational workshops facilitated by some of the world’s leading user experience professionals
- small group sessions to connect with each of the featured workshop speakers and instructors
- an evening showcase to share deliverables and receive feedback on your work
- opportunities to interact and connect with fellow user experience professionals
Some of the topics to be covered include:
- Ethnographic user research
- Bridging the gap from research to design
- Interaction design methods for Rich Internet Applications using AJAX or Flash
- Business and design – how user experience pros can impact the boardroom
Our last workshop, Flash ‘n Splash, was a huge success, featuring guest
instructors from leading Flash studios including Born Magazine and gskinner.com.
Guest speakers and instructors for Creative CANUX will be announced soon!
Registration and Fees
Package 1: Private Room
Includes tuition, three nights accommodation in a private room at The Banff Centre, three meals per day at The Banff Centre, and registration fee. Fees must be paid in full and accompany a completed registration form. Available registrations including accommodation are limited so book early!
Package 2: Double Room
Includes tuition, three nights of shared accommodation at The Banff Centre, three meals per day at The Banff Centre, and registration fee. Fees must be paid in full and accompany a completed registration form.* Available registrations including accommodation are limited so book early!
* The name of your chosen roommate must be specified
Package 3: Workshop Only
Includes tuition fee, three meals per day at The Banff Centre, and registration fee. Registrants must arrange for their own accommodations.
Registration will be limited to 40 participants.
For more information on this program contact:
The Accelerator Program
All programs, faculty, dates, fees, and offers of financial assistance are subject to change. Program fee subject to applicable taxes. Non-refundable fees and deposits will be retained upon cancellation. Any other fees are refunded at the discretion of The Banff Centre.