The Banff Centre’s Theatre Arts department provides a carefully integrated system of programs dedicated to training and professional development for artists and technicians at every stage of their careers. The foundation of all activities is the investigation of the contemporary repertoire, and developing and creating new works in drama, dance, opera, music theatre, and interdisciplinary art forms.
The Banff Centre is proud to honour the life of award-winning director and choreographer, Brian Macdonald (1928-2014.)
Critically acclaimed director, choreographer and dance artist Emily Molnar has been appointed sessional artistic director of Dance.
With Choreographer Crystal Pite and Compagnie Marie Chouinard
This year is the 30th anniversary of the International Voice Workshops. Apply today!
Theatre Arts programs, faculty, and participants are featured on The Banff Centre Blog.
Upcoming Application Deadlines
- Morphing/Evolution — Deadline: February 11
- International Voice Workshops with Richard Armstrong - Introductory — Deadline: February 18
- International Voice Workshops with Richard Armstrong - Advanced — Deadline: February 18
- The Craft of Embodiment — Deadline: February 25
- Meyer Sound Workshop: Line Array Design and Application — Deadline: April 1