The Banff Centre’s Theatre Arts department provides a carefully integrated system of programs dedicated to training and professional development for artists and technicians at every stage of their careers. The foundation of all activities is the investigation of the contemporary repertoire, and developing and creating new works in drama, dance, opera, music theatre, and interdisciplinary art forms.
Critically acclaimed director, choreographer and dance artist Emily Molnar has been appointed sessional artistic director of Dance.
With Choreographer Crystal Pite and Companie Marie Chouinard
This year is the 30th anniversary of the International Voice Workshops. Apply today!
Theatre Arts programs, faculty, and participants are featured on The Banff Centre Blog.
Upcoming Application Deadlines
- Theatre Production, Design, and Stage Management Practicum Programs — Deadline: December 10
- Meyer Sound Workshop: Comprehensive System Design and Implementation — Deadline: January 7
- Morphing/Evolution — Deadline: February 11
- International Voice Workshops with Richard Armstrong - Introductory — Deadline: February 18
- International Voice Workshops with Richard Armstrong - Advanced — Deadline: February 18