2016/17 World Tour Contest
Enter to win a self-guided adventure trip for two from Great Canadian Trails, a specialized division of World Expeditions. Pick from six trips across the country on foot or by bike; East Coast, West Coast or somewhere in between. Enjoy active holidays in Canada your way! Happy 150th Anniversary Canada!
Plus lots of other prizes from festival sponsors
Other contest prizes include:
1. Head-to-toe gear from The North Face
2. National Geographic Magazine Subscription
3. Deuter his/her backpacks
4. Clif Bar Adventure Pack
5. Icebreaker Merino Wool baselayer
6. Treksta Footwear
7. Kicking Horse Coffee Prize Pack
8. Mammut Ride Airbag
9. MSR Tent, Stove, and Cookware
10. Buff Prize Pack
11. Oboz Hiking Boots
12. MEC Gift Card
13. VIP Ski Package for Four with Lake Louise Ski Resort
14. Two week Mountain House Adventure Meal supply
Contest Rules & Enter to Win
Entry And Deadline
No purchase necessary to enter to win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
Online entries will be accepted until October 20, 2017. Entries received after October 20, 2017, will be entered in the draw for the 2017/18 contest. Limit of one entry per person. Entries must be complete to be eligible. This is an online contest only. Mailed in entries will not be accepted.
Open only to legal residents of Canada & the United States that are 19 years or older at the time of entry (excludes residents of the province of Quebec, Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law)
Winners will be drawn on or about November 15, 2017, among all eligible entries received by the Banff Mountain Film and Book Festival whose decisions in all matters relating to this contest are final. Potential winners will be notified by email and/or phone, and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and publicity release that must be returned and received within 14 days of the date sent to the potential winner or an alternate winner will be selected. Answering a skill-testing question will be required. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to the release of his or her name and/or likeness for potential publicity purposes, where permitted by law. Odds of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.
2016/17 Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour Contest – Official Rules
World Expeditions is delighted to be a valued partner of the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour. To celebrate the 150th anniversary of Canada we are excited to donate, through our specialized division Great Canadian Trails, the 2016/17 online contest grand prize.
A trip for two (2) to choose from one (1) of the following Great Canadian Trails self-guided adventures.
1) Prince Edward Island by Bike (7 days) for two (twin share).
Total value up to CA$5190 to/from Charlottetown*
2) Bruce Peninsula Traverse (10 days) for two (twin share).
Total value up to CA$5930 to/from Toronto*
3) Niagara Wines and Waterfront Trail by Bike (8 days) for two (twin share).
Total value up to CA$4718 to/from Toronto
4) Kettle Valley Rail Trail by Bike (6 days) for two (twin share).
Total value up to CA$5395 to/from Kelowna*
5) East Coast Trail (10 days) for two (twin share).
Total value up to CA$5995 to/from St John’s*
6) Quebec’s Blueberry Bicycle Route (6 days) for two (twin share).
Total value up to CA$3798 to/from Bagotville*
* 2016 approximate total RETAIL VALUE based on the land portion and inclusive of an air voucher of maximum CA$1000 per person to/from departure point.
This prize is being donated under the following conditions.
1. Open only to legal residents of Canada & the United States 19 years or older at the time of entry (excludes residents of the province of Quebec, Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law)
2. The prize must be used by October 2018 meaning that travel must be completed by the end of that month. No extension possible.
3. The prize is valid on Great Canadian Trails selected adventures. Inclusions and exclusions are as per our detailed trip notes which are available on Great Canadian Trails Website at www.greatcanadiantrails.com
4. You must book your flights with World Expeditions / Great Canadian Trails to use your air voucher. The value of the air voucher is up to CA$1000 per person and only valid on flights booked in conjunction with the land trip prize. Any unused value will be lost and no cash payment will be possible.
5. All unforced stopovers, airlines and airport taxes will be at the winners’ expense.
6. The winner will be required to complete Great Canadian Trails’ booking form, which states they understand and agree to our terms and conditions. Upon signing the booking form, the winner will be bound to these terms and conditions excluding the conditions referring to payment.
7. The winners will also be required to self-complete a medical form. Their doctor must sign the medical form if the winner is over 70, or has a pre-existing medical condition. Should they fail the medical, Great Canadian Trails reserves the right to refuse the winner(s) from participating in the self- guided adventure.
8. Winners may extend their stay in Canada at their own cost. Extensions must be made at the time of confirming their prize.
9. The prize is not redeemable for cash.
10. Great Canadian Trails will not cover additional costs associated to the trip including but not limited to extra flight cost, taxes, insurance, extra accommodation, and vaccinations and any other personal expenses. Great Canadian Trails will not cover costs of meals that are not included in the scheduled itinerary.
11. Subject to availability at time of booking. Great Canadian Trails reserve the right to ask the winner to choose another departure date or to another trip of similar length and value.
12. As per our terms and conditions, the winners will need to purchase an all-inclusive insurance with Great Canadian Trails. The non-refundable portion of the trip should be insured and paid to Great Canadian Trails if the winner cancels the trip.
13. We kindly request that the winner contact us within 60 days of winning the prize to advise us of their preferred month of travel. If the winner has not contacted us in that time frame Great Canadian Trails will assume the winner has chosen to forfeit their prize.