Truth and Reconciliation Speaker Series: Reconciliation through Post-Secondary Educational Institutions
By clicking the subscribe button, you agree to receive newsletters and informational emails monthly or weekly from Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity. You can unsubscribe at any time.
In follow up to the Truth and Reconciliation Summit held in October 2016 at Banff Centre, a monthly speaker series invites Bow Valley residents to engage in relevant topics, local discussions, and learn more about Indigenous culture, history, and knowledge. Indigenous Leadership at Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity, in partnership with Banff Canmore Community Foundation, is pleased to co-host these monthly sessions. Each month a new guest speaker will share their perspective on Reconciliation.
Kory Wilson, BSc., LL.B, is Musgamagw Tsawataineuk and Laich-Kwil-Tach both nations are part of the Kwakwaka’wakw Nation, also known as the Kwak’wala speaking people. She is a mum and a member of the We Wai Kai Nation. Currently, she is the Executive Director of Indigenous Initiatives and Partnerships at the British Columbia Institute of Technology. She is a member of the BC Law Society and she practiced Criminal Defense and Family law.
Kory is the founder of Right 2 Learn and has 20 years experience in Post-Secondary education. She has taught a wide variety of courses at various post-secondary institutions and they arrange from law, Aboriginal and Canadian studies, community development and good governance. Her passion and research is in ensuring success for Aboriginal Learners and other multi-barriered learners. With a deep commitment to education, both within the institutions and in the community, and she has dedicated her working life to ensuring that Aboriginal learners and other marginalised learners succeed.
• September 28 - Indigenous Women and Reconciliation - Dr. Cora Voyageur
• October 19 - Reconciliation Through Negotiations - Troy Chalifoux
• November 30 - Metis Perspectives in Reconciliation - Margaret Froh
• February 15 - Reconciliation and Indigenous Worldview - Dr. Leroy Little Bear
• March 15 - Reconciliation Through Post-Secondary Educational Institutions - Kory Wilson
• April 26 - Reconciliation through First Nation Governance - Tracey O’Donnell
• May 17 - Federal Government Reconciliation Initiatives - Elizabeth Logue