Leading in the Middle
Leaders who operate in the middle of an organization play one of the most critical roles in developing relationships which contribute to team and organizational success. Leaders in this context find that taking and maintaining a leading role can be a courageous act of navigating complexity.
This experience-based program explores the leadership strengths, behaviours, and integrative thinking necessary for you to “master the middle space” in your organization. During the program you will experience leadership development, alongside others in similar roles, through the overarching theme of influence and four equally important sub-themes: risk-taking as a path to opportunity; strengthening business acumen; facilitating others to success; and cultivating dynamic networks. By participating in this program you will expand your ability to influence others by improving your communication, relationship building, and management skills.
What does the program offer?
- Experiential learning activities led by expert facilitators
- Strength Deployment Inventory to explore motivational value and conflict style
- 360 Personal Assessment tool customized for those leading in the middle
- Outdoor Challenge Workplace Simulation
- Sound Leadership Podcast creation with multi-media tools / applications
- Design Studio process to enhance creative thinking and reflection
- Dynamic resource and learning materials — contemporary articles, podcasts, videos
- Opportunity to connect with a network of peers with whom you can share concerns and insights
- Post-program coaching with a certified coach available for an additional fee — please inquire
Who should register?
You are an emerging or high-potential leader who manages key relationships daily within any private, public, or not-for-profit organization looking to improve your overall leadership performance.
In this program you will learn to:
- Build capacity and accountability in yourself and others
- Increase confidence in your communication and facilitation skills
- Incorporate strategic awareness and ethical management into business decisions
- Develop strategies to manage relationships up, down, and across your organization
- Employ effective tools and processes for influencing others
- Communicate more assertively with others in a team
- Engage proactively with personal and organizational changes
- Seek out various resources / networks to build ongoing development routines
All Lougheed Leadership participants are provided private rooms with ensuite washrooms in one of our two onsite hotels, the Professional Development Centre or Lloyd Hall. Room upgrades may be available upon request at an additional cost.
All of your meals from the start to the end of your program are included; most of your meals will be at Vistas Dining Room, but there may be some special dining events scheduled as well. Please also feel free to visit the Maclab Bistro, Le Café, Three Ravens Restaurant and Wine Bar, but note that these outlets are not included in your meal plan, and thus will be at additional cost.
Enjoy free parking, wifi, and access to the Walter Philips Gallery while you are a guest at The Banff Centre. Our Community Services team is also available to assist you with medical support or event information; see our Events Calendar to learn more about what’s going on at The Banff Centre while you’re onsite.
The Sally Borden Fitness and Recreation Centre is located in the lower floor of the Sally Borden Building, and provides all guests with access to our swimming pool, hot tub, steam room, climbing gym, fitness centre, spin studio, and gymnasium. Massage and physiotherapy appointments may also be booked ahead of time.
Fees & Financial Assistance
The above fees do not include applicable taxes, such as GST, the Alberta Tourism Levy, and the Tourism Improvement Fee as needed.
Enroll four members of your organization or community in a program and your fifth member will receive a free tuition. Special restrictions may apply.
Post-Program Coaching with a certified coach is available for this program for an additional fee.
Financial Assistance may be available to subsidize some of the costs to attend your program.
Call our toll-free number for more details at 1.888.255.6327
For more information please contact: