Honoring the work of the Banff Centre Truth and Reconciliation Summit and the evolution of the Truth and Reconciliation through Right Relations Program, we will ignite through the past, present and future of the truth and reconciliation movement in Canada, while renewing and way making through the wisdom of our community stories.
- Awaken a deeper understanding of our true shared history, conceptualize the meaning of reconciliation, and the role we all can play when we:
- Engage in meaningful conversations about truth and reconciliation
- Take responsibility through learning about wise practices and Indigenous strengths
- Commit to action, to achieve reconciliation in our own lives, communities, and organization
What does the program offer?
Through Indigenous ways of knowing and sharing, this program offers a space for participatory learning, through ceremony, the land, Elders’ teachings, knowledge sharing, application of theory and tools, case clinics, storytelling, deep listening, individual reflection, group dialogue, and sense making.
The Truth and Reconciliation through Right Relations program will equip participants with knowledge to:
- Have an awareness of the United Nations Declaration of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP) and the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s (TRC) process, principles and Calls to Action
- Advance the dialogue on building and sustaining right relations
- Communicate through deep listening
- Create change through collective leadership and partnership building
- Share Indigenous ways of knowing
- Empower individuals to implement their own reconciliation action plan in their lives, families and communities
- Increase greater respect, understanding, and meaningful connections between Canada’s citizens
Who should register?
This program is an ideal fit for those who work with and are interested in improving and creating new relationships with Indigenous people, businesses, communities, and organizations. This includes municipal, territorial, provincial, and federal government employees, not-for-profit executives and board members, corporate executives, post-secondary educators, and teachers.
Programs are filled on a first come, first served basis. Please register early to secure a confirmation of your spot.
To maximize learning for this program, students are required to dedicate approximately 40 hours during the week to this program.
- Complete pre-program assignments if applicable
- (approx. 2 hours)
- Participate in daily sessions, Sunday through Friday, according to the agenda.
- Complete homework outside of class time if applicable (approx. 2 hours)
Your program fee includes a single bedroom on the Banff Centre campus for the duration of your program.
Get connected with other artists on campus and focus on your projects in a creative environment while we take care of the day-to-day essentials.
Using a credit-based system to dine on campus, our flexible meal plans allow you to select meals according to your own needs during your stay.
The Full Flex meal plan includes $58 credit per day, equivalent to breakfast, lunch and dinner at our Buffet service.
The Sally Borden Fitness and Recreation Centre is located in the lower floor of the Sally Borden Building, and provides all guests with access to our swimming pool, hot tub, steam room, climbing gym, fitness centre, spin studio, and gymnasium. Massage and physiotherapy appointments may also be booked ahead of time.
Enjoy free parking, wifi, and access to the Walter Phillips Gallery while you are a guest at Banff Centre. Our Participant Resources team is also available to assist you with medical support or event information. See our Events Calendar to learn more about what’s going on at Banff Centre while you’re onsite.
Join in group seminars/workshops.
Learning Journals for course materials.
Limited access to the Paul D. Fleck Library and Archives.
Although the doors remain temporarily closed, you can still access a wide range of books, periodicals, recordings and scores through our digital databases available on the digital resources page, and physical items through our curbside pick-up service.
Fees & Financial Assistance
* Financial assistance is available. Each request is reviewed individually based on submission of the Financial Assistance form available in the Student Portal.
To be considered for financial assistance, please ensure that you select "Yes" to 'I would like to apply for financial assistance' during registration, and log into your Student Portal to complete your funding application form within 48 hours of submitting your initial registration. We strongly recommend timely submission of the funding form, to be considered. Note that we reserve the right to cancel registrants who select 'No' to financial assistance if payment and confirmation of attendance is not received within 7 days of registration.
Banff Centre will issue official tax receipts for eligible tuition fees and all financial assistance and awards as required by the Income Tax Act. You will receive a T2202 (Tuition and Enrolment Certificate) for eligible tuition fees paid and a T4A (Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income) for applicable financial assistance and awards.
How to Apply
If you have requested financial assistance,please ensure that you log in to your Student Portal within 48 hours of registration, to submit your funding request form.
If you do not require financial assistance, please ensure that you log in to your Student Portal and complete confirmation of attendance and full payment as soon as possible, but no later than 7 days from completing step 1.
Note that non-completion within the timelines stated may result in your place being offered to the waitlist.
All programs, faculty, dates, fees, and offers of financial assistance are subject to change. Program fee is subject to applicable taxes. Banff Centre reserves the right to cancel a program up to seven days prior to program start date if there is insufficient enrolment, and in this case all fees will be refunded. Please note that Banff Centre is not liable for any personal/travel expenses incurred. Non-refundable fees and deposits will be retained upon cancellation. Any other fees are refunded at the discretion of the Banff Centre. The application deadline is 11:59 p.m. Mountain Standard Time.