The Town of Banff (pop. 8,000) is your base camp for adventure. Visit any time of year! World-class skiing, skating and snowshoeing in winter gives way to spectacular walking and biking trails during the summer months, and our famous hot springs are yours to enjoy all year round. The town itself is peppered with intriguing museums, galleries, cafes and boutiques just waiting for you to explore. Banff is only 90-minutes from Calgary International Airport and is easily accessible by rental car, the Banff Airporter, ROAM Transit or the Brewster Banff Airport Express.
Driving from Calgary Airport (YYC)
If you choose to travel by private vehicle, you will find the route is well-signed and the trip from the Calgary International Airport to Banff takes approximately 90 minutes.
1. Depart airport and take Deerfoot Trail North Highway 2.
2. In four km, take the exit for Stoney Trail NW heading West. Signs indicate it heads towards Banff and Highway 1.
3. Drive approximately 23 km and take the exit for Trans-Canada Highway 1 West (Banff).
4. Continue West approximately 90 km on the Trans-Canada Highway 1 to the Banff National Park gates.
5. Once through the park gates, continue 12 km to the first exit to the town of Banff.
6. Follow the road through town to Buffalo Street
7. Turn left on Buffalo, drive up the hill to Banff Centre.
o If you are driving to the Professional Development Centre (Hotel), turn left and follow the signs.
o If you are driving to Lloyd Hall (Hotel), follow St. Juliens Road.
Shuttle + Bus
- The official airport shuttle provider of Banff Centre
- To view the schedule or book a shuttle visit www.banffairporter.com
- 403-762-3300 | email@example.com
Brewster Airport Express
- Daily shuttles between Banff and Calgary International Airport
- For schedules and inquiries contact Brewster at 1-877-625-4372
- Private transfer between Banff and Calgary International Airport
- For rates and inquiries call 1-800-587-9958 | 403-762-3300
Companies with Calgary Locations
Enterprise Rent-A-Car 1-800-261-7331
Alamo 1-877- 222-9075
Companies with Banff Locations
Enterprise Rent-A-Car 1-403-762-2688
Spend time in the national park, enjoy the breathtaking scenery and live like a local with year-round activities. Enjoy all that Banff has to offer with the help of our industry partners. Enjoy a gondola ride up Sulphur Mountain – overlooking Banff townsite and Banff National Park, via ferrata to the summit of Mount Norquay. Leisurely tours of Banff by horseback or bicycle; golf, skiing, guided excursions, and so much more! For more detailed information on the location and activities, visit our partners.
Banff Centre is proud to offer over 400 events year-round including concerts, film screenings, readings, talks, dance, opera, theatre performances, art exhibitions and open studios. Shows vary from paid to free and are always open to the public. Check out what's happening this month by checking out the events calendar.
Banff National Park Pass
A park pass is required by all people using Banff National Park. Park passes may be purchased at the Park entrance or at the Visitor Centre on Banff Avenue.