Mountain Photo Essay Competition
The 2021 Banff Mountain Photo Essay Competition is now open!
- Each essay submitted is to consist of three (3) to five (5) images.
- We suggest photographers include only those images required to tell their story - unnecessary images may reduce the overall impact of submissions.
- Please include a short description of the photo essay.
- ENTRY DEADLINE: Monday, May 3, 2021.
- $2000 CAD Grand prize
For questions please contact email@example.com.
- All entries will be viewed by a selection committee chaired by the Festival Director
- Finalists chosen by this committee will be viewed by an international jury
- The Grand Prize winner will be announced in June 2021
2020 Mountain Photo Essay Competition Winner
The Grand Prize winner is Murat Yazar for his photo essay: Shadows of Kurdistan.
A Special Jury Mention goes to Mauro Cironi for his photo essay: The Last Shepherd.
A sincere thank you to all the photographers who entered the competition.
The competition's goal is to showcase the best in mountain-themed photo essays – to recognize the best stories told through a series of still images. We invite photographers to submit photos to illustrate their mountain related stories whether culture, adventure, wildlife, sport, environment, or natural history. The jury is seeking a sequence of images that conveys a compelling story or message – with each image strong enough to stand on its own while conveying a greater narrative when viewed in the photographer’s desired sequence.