2018/19 World Tour Contest
We’re having a contest and awarding two exciting travel prizes!
Grand Prize - Antarctica
13-day expedition cruise aboard the Greg Mortimer to Antarctica with World Expeditions.
Prize 2 - Lake Louise
Win a ski and stay with the Lake Louise Ski Resort and Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
Other great prizes from our amazing sponsors:
A year’s supply of Kicking Horse coffee
Clif Bar and Co. adventure pack
- Selection of headwear from Buff
- Deuter his and her packs
- 14 day supply of Mountain House backcountry meals
- Rab special edition festival Jacket
- Oboz footwear
- A Yeti Panga backpack
- A Mammut avalanche bag
- MEC $250 gift certificate
Contest Rules & Enter to Win
Entry And Deadline
No purchase necessary to enter to win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
Online entries will be accepted until October 20, 2019. Limit of one entry per person. Entries must be complete to be eligible. This is an online contest only. Mailed in entries will not be accepted.
Open only to legal residents of Canada & the United States that are 19 years or older at the time of entry (excludes residents of the province of Quebec, Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law).
Winners will be drawn on or about November 15, 2019, among all eligible entries received by the Banff Centre Mountain Film and Book Festival whose decisions in all matters relating to this contest are final. Potential winners will be notified by email and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and publicity release that must be returned and received within 14 days of the date sent to the potential winner or an alternate winner will be selected. Answering a skill-testing question will be required. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to the release of his or her name and/or likeness for potential publicity purposes, where permitted by law. Odds of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.
2018/19 Banff Centre Mountain Film Festival World Tour Contest – Official Rules
World Expeditions is delighted to be a valued partner of the Banff Centre Mountain Film Festival and North American Tour. We are excited to donate the following prize.
GRAND PRIZE: A cabin for two to Antarctica
TRIP NAME: Wild Antarctica aboard the Greg Mortimer
2018 approximate total RETAIL VALUE: CAN$34,000 (including airfare from Toronto, New York, Washington DC, Miami or Los Angeles)
This prize is being donated under the following conditions.
- Open only to legal residents of Canada & the United States that are 19 years or older at the time of entry (excludes residents of the province of Quebec, Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law)
- The prize is valid on World Expeditions’ Wild Antarctica aboard the Greg Mortimer in an Aurora Stateroom cabin departing March 3rd, 2020. Inclusions and exclusions are as per our detailed trip notes which are available on World Expeditions website.
- If the winner cannot make this trip’s dates, he/she can request for another trip in which case World Expeditions can decide to make an exception but it’s not guaranteed and the price difference would be at the winner’s cost. There would be no refund if the prize is of less value.
- International airfare is included from Toronto, New York, Washington DC, Miami or Los Angeles. Depart & return city must be the same. Flights are subject to availability at the time of booking. World Expeditions can arrange flight from other cities at the winners’ expenses.
- All unforced stopovers, airlines and airport taxes will be at the winners’ expense.
- The winner will be required to complete World Expeditions’ booking form, which states they understand and agree to our terms and conditions. Upon signing the booking form, the winner will be bound to these terms and conditions excluding the conditions referring to payment.
- The winners will also be required to complete a medical form which their doctor may have to sign if the winner is over 70 or has a preexisting medical condition. Should they fail the medical, World Expeditions reserves the right to refuse the winner(s) and no monetary compensation will be provided.
- Winners may extend their stay in Ushuaia at their own cost. Extensions must be made at the time of confirming their prize.
- The prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable.
- World Expeditions will not cover additional costs associated to the trip including but not limited to extra flights, taxes, mandatory travel insurance, extra accommodation, and vaccinations and any other personal expenses.
- As per our terms and conditions, the winner will need to purchase an all-inclusive insurance with World Expeditions. The non-refundable portion of the trip should be insured and paid to World Expeditions if the winner cancels the trip.
- We kindly request that the winner contact us within 15 days of winning the prize to advise us of their preferred month of travel. If the winner has not contacted us in that time frame World Expeditions will assume the winner has chosen to forfeit their prize.
Enter to win for your chance to experience Lake Louise, located in the Canadian Rockies where life-changing adventure awaits.
Prize Package worth over $2,500 CAD
- Full Day Adult Lake Louise Lift tickets and ski rentals for two (2) adults for two (2) days
- Enjoy First Tracks offering early access to the lifts/mountain and a ski instructor/guide for one morning (Max. 4 people)
- Dine at Lake Louise Ski Resort’s mid-mountain Whitehorn Bistro with a $200 F&B credit and the best views in the valley
- Two nights luxury accommodation in a Fairmont Lakeview Room at the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise in the heart of Banff National Park (for two (2) adults)
- Dinner for two (2) adults in Alpine Social, the social hub of Lake Louise where you can meet, eat and celebrate (one (1) night only)
- Complimentary self-parking (1 vehicle) and return shuttle for two (2) adults to Lake Louise Ski Resort
Note: Some blackouts and restrictions may apply.
The personal information requested when you enter the competition is collected under the authority of Section 33 (c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be protected under Part 2 of that Act. The information collected will be used for the purpose of: contacting you to administer your competition entry, keeping you informed about Banff Centre’s Mountain Festival events and programs, evaluating the competition and compiling statistics. If you require any further information in regards to this collection, use or disclosure please contact Penny Smith at Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity. Box 1020, Banff, AB T1L 1G7, Canada. firstname.lastname@example.org Phone (403) 762-6100.