2017/18 World Tour Contest
By clicking the subscribe button, you agree to receive newsletters and informational emails monthly or weekly from Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity. You can unsubscribe at any time.
We’re having a contest that offers two great travel prizes!
Enter to win the Grand Prize - an eight-day adventure for two to Nicaragua and Costa Rica with World Expeditions!
Discover the volcanic landscapes, forests and beaches of Nicaragua and Costa Rica on an active journey that fully appreciates these countries' natural features.
Or win a trip to Lake Louise, where the air fills your soul.
Experience Lake Louise, located in the Canadian Rockies where life-changing adventure awaits. There is a place where the air fills your soul.
Plus lots of other prizes from festival sponsors.
1. The North Face Basecamp Prize Package valued at over $500
2. Deuter his and her backpacks
3. Clif Bar Adventure Pack
4. Ground Coffee for a Year - 52 10oz bags of ground coffee, a variety of blends, delivered in 13 monthly shipments (4 bags a month)
5. Mountain House 14-Day Emergency Food Kit
6. Mammut transceiver
7. Rab Neutrino 400 sleeping bag (mens and womens version available for the winner to choose from)
8. YETI Panga
9. $250 Buff Headwear Package
10. Oboz Hiking Boots Gift Certificate
11. MEC Gift Card
Contest Rules & Enter to Win
Entry And Deadline
No purchase necessary to enter to win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
Online entries will be accepted until October 20, 2018. Limit of one entry per person. Entries must be complete to be eligible. This is an online contest only. Mailed in entries will not be accepted.
Open only to legal residents of Canada & the United States that are 19 years or older at the time of entry (excludes residents of the province of Quebec, Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law).
Winners will be drawn on or about November 15, 2018, among all eligible entries received by the Banff Mountain Film and Book Festival whose decisions in all matters relating to this contest are final. Potential winners will be notified by email and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and publicity release that must be returned and received within 14 days of the date sent to the potential winner or an alternate winner will be selected. Answering a skill-testing question will be required. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to the release of his or her name and/or likeness for potential publicity purposes, where permitted by law. Odds of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.
2017/18 Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour Contest – Official Rules
World Expeditions is delighted to be a valued partner of the Banff Mountain Film Festival and North American Tour and is excited to donate the following:
TRIP NAME: Trip for two to Nicaragua & Costa Rica Adventure
Country: Costa Rica, Nicaragua
*2017 approximate total RETAIL VALUE: CAN$7,500 (including airfare from Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, Washington DC, Chicago or Houston)
This prize is being donated under the following conditions.
- Only open to legal residents of Canada and the United States that are 19 years or older at the time of entry (excludes residents of the province of Quebec, Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law)
- The prize must be used by October 2019 meaning that travel must be completed by the end of October 2019. No extension possible.
- The prize is valid on World Expeditions’ Nicaragua & Costa Rica Adventure. Inclusions and exclusions are as per our detailed trip notes which are available on World Expeditions Website at www.worldexpeditions.com
- International airfare is included from Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, Washington DC, Chicago or Houston. Depart and return city must be the same. Flights are subject to availability at the time of booking. Blackout dates may be in effect during festive seasons, school holidays or during other events. World Expeditions can arrange flight from other cities at the winners’ expenses.
- All unforced stopovers, airlines and airport taxes will be at the winners’ expense.
- The winner will be required to complete World Expeditions’ booking form, which states they understand and agree to our terms and conditions. Upon signing the booking form, the winner will be bound to these terms and conditions excluding the conditions referring to payment.
- The winners will also be required to self-complete a medical form. Their doctor must sign the medical form if the winner is over 70, or has a pre-existing medical condition. Should they fail the medical, World Expeditions reserves the right to refuse the winner(s) from participating in the Nicaragua & Costa Rica Adventure trip.
- Winners may extend their stay in Costa Rica at their own cost. Extensions must be made at the time of confirming their prize.
- The prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable.
- World Expeditions will not cover additional costs associated to the trip including but not limited to extra flights, taxes, insurance, extra accommodation, and vaccinations and any other personal expenses. World Expeditions will not cover costs of meals that are not included in the scheduled itinerary.
- There must be a minimum of six paying passengers confirmed on the trip departure that the winner selects. If, at any stage, the trip participant numbers drop below six, even after the winner has selected a departure, World Expeditions reserve the right to ask the winner to choose another departure date or to another trip of similar length and value.
- As per our terms and conditions, the winner will need to purchase an all-inclusive insurance with World Expeditions. The non-refundable portion of the trip should be insured and paid to World Expeditions if the winner cancels the trip.
- We kindly request that the winner contact us within 60 days of winning the prize to advise us of their preferred month of travel. If the winner has not contacted us in that time frame World Expeditions will assume the winner has chosen to forfeit their prize.
Enter to win for your chance to experience Lake Louise, located in the Canadian Rockies where life-changing adventure awaits.
Prize Package worth over $2,500 CAD
- Full Day Adult Lake Louise Lift tickets and ski rentals for two (2) adults for two (2) days
- Enjoy First Tracks offering early access to the lifts/mountain and a ski instructor/guide for one morning (Max. 4 people)
- Dine at Lake Louise Ski Resort’s mid-mountain Whitehorn Bistro with a $200 F&B credit and the best views in the valley
- Two nights luxury accommodation in a Fairmont Lakeview Room at the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise in the heart of Banff National Park (for two (2) adults)
- Dinner for two (2) adults in Alpine Social, the social hub of Lake Louise where you can meet, eat and celebrate (one (1) night only)
- Complimentary self-parking (1 vehicle) and return shuttle for two (2) adults to Lake Louise Ski Resort
Note: Some blackouts and restrictions may apply.
The personal information requested when you enter the competition is collected under the authority of Section 33 (c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be protected under Part 2 of that Act. The information collected will be used for the purpose of: contacting you to administer your competition entry, keeping you informed about Banff Centre’s Mountain Festival events and programs, evaluating the competition and compiling statistics. If you require any further information in regards to this collection, use or disclosure please contact Penny Smith at Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity. Box 1020, Banff, AB T1L 1G7, Canada. email@example.com Phone (403) 762-6100.