Direct Program Support
Oscar Peterson, Yann Martel, Barry Shiffman, Chris Cran, and Veronica Tennant are just a few artists who have taught or benefited from our programs. Arts programs are at the core of Banff Centre. We support artists at every career stage — up to 3,000 artists come through our programs annually.
Training and professional development (directed and self directed) are offered at the post-graduate level in theatre, dance, music, literary arts, visual and digital, film and media, and Indigenous arts.
As part of this unique experience, Banff Centre artists:
- receive their own studios with access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities for practice and creation
- are fully immersed in a program attuned to support their every need, achieve their goals, and enhance their careers
- work with and receive mentorship from renowned master artists and faculty in one-on-one settings and through master classes and performances
- have the opportunity to experiment, record their work, and have access to these recordings for critical review
- learn from and collaborate with artistic peers from across disciplines and around the world
- have numerous performance and presentation opportunities, including to audiences from around the world through the Banff Summer Arts Festival
There are many opportunities to support each of our programs, with funding priorities including scholarships, faculty, equipment, instruments, and other capital needs.
I have performed across Canada, the U.K., and New York, but this time at Banff Centre has very quickly become one of the highlights of my artistic career. Without your financial support I would not have had this fulfilling experience.