How to Apply
Steps to Complete Your Application
It is important to be aware of all steps included in submitting your application. Avoid submitting an incomplete application and get things organized before the deadline closes.
Before You Apply
Start Your Application
Before You Apply
Find Your Program
- Browse our Programs page to find the Programs that are open for application
- In the Who Should Apply / Who should Register section you will find any training or experience that is necessary for the program
- You can view any restrictions on immigration status
- If you have questions call or email the Admissions Team at the Office of the Registrar who will be happy to assist
Review 'How to Apply' Section
- You have read the Program Information and want to put in an application
- Find the 'How to Apply' section of the Program
- Please read carefully before beginning the process of submitting your application. Many Programs at Banff Centre have unique application requirements in the Upload Your Materials section
Start Your Application
1. Submit Online Application Form
On the program page - click the Complete Online Application Form Button.
This will direct you to the application form for that specific program to complete.
Tip: Enter the email on the application form that you check regularly as Banff Centre will primarily communicate via email.
Once the Application Form is submitted, you will be sent a link to the Applicant Portal.
Tip: If you don't see the email check all folders in your email account (Junk, promotions, etc.)
2. Pay Your Application Fee
Log-in to the portal and pay your non-refundable application fee. Payment in the Portal is a 2 step process.
- Put your card on file in the portal
- Pay the relevant application fee
Not all programs require an application fee so please check the financial information tab in the Portal for details.
3. Financial Aid Forms
If you are requesting financial aid, this is when you submit your request. You will find financial aid forms in different places depending if the program is Arts or Leadership.
Leadership Financial Aid Form: Leadership Programming form is in the portal.
If you requested YES to financial aid on your Leadership Application form you will find this in your Portal in the 'My Documents' Tab.
My Documents > Document Centre
Arts Programming Financial Aid Form: For Arts programming, the Financial Aid form is included in the SlideRoom Portfolio.
4. Upload Your Materials
For all programs that are adjudicated, you will be required to submit a portfolio of work and a set of additional materials to assist the adjudication team in making their decision on whom to select for acceptance, waitlist, or not accept.
Some other programs may also ask for additional materials to assist in the setting up of cohorts or to tailor content.
Examples of supporting materials you may be asked to provide depending on the program include:
- Resume, Cover Letter & References
- Proposals, Statements & Biographies
- Videos, Photos & Technical Equipment
5. Submit Before the Deadline
Ensure that you complete all steps before the end of the deadline or as soon as possible for first come, first served programs.
- Deadlines are displayed on the Program page and are unique to each Program
- Deadlines are 11:59 PM MST on the specified date
- If your application is not completed you will be notified and your application will be cancelled. We do not refund application fees for incomplete applications.
First come First Served Programs often fill up well before the deadline. To avoid disappointment we strongly recommend that you complete all the required steps as soon as you can. Once full, we do accept applications for the waitlist but there is no guarantee that a spot will become available.
Supporting Materials - Tips
- Refer to the program-specific guidance, expand each section for additional information
- Give yourself time to prepare any materials ahead of the submission deadline
- SlideRoom will guide you on what is requires, please read carefully as your process through the submission process
File Types accepted in SlideRoom
Images - jpg, jpeg, png, gif, tif, tiff, bmp, tga
Videos - m4v, mov, mp4, wmv, flv, asf, mpeg, mpg, mkv
Audio Files - mp3, wma, ogg, flag
Documents - pdf, word docs
File Size Limits in SlideRoom
Images - 10 MB max per file
Video - 250 MB max per file
Audio - 30 MB max per file
PDFs - 10 MB max per file
For select programs, these file maximums are larger. If so, this is indicated in the media section of SlideRoom.
We also accept links from YouTube, Vimeo, Soundcloud, and Sketchfab.
The Office of the Registrar aims to provide responsive services to all Banff Centre participants and alumni. Specifically, the Office of the Registrar is responsible for the application process, enrolment and registration, fee assessment, preservation of participant records and protection of privacy, transcripts, residency determinations, and provides assistance with deferments, bills, and financial aid.
If you need additional assistance during the application process please contact us;
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. MST