Don Becker Residence
This is a shared, on-site, dorm-style accommodation (two-people per room). As this is the most affordable of the employee housing choices, many seasonal employees choose to live in Don Becker Residence.
- Full communal kitchen with two wall ovens, microwaves, and four cooktop stations
- Furnished lounge and dining area with cable television
- Coin-operated laundry facilities
- Wireless internet
- Bike room
Type of rooms
- No single occupancy
- Two bedrooms per unit
Bedroom/unit furnished with
- Single bed/per person
- Dresser/per person
- One closet/per person
- One shared desk
- One full bathroom with double sink vanity/ per unit
- Full size fridge with freezer and small pantry closet/ per unit
- Available to full-time Banff Centre employees only. Employees working a minimum of 35 hrs a week may be eligible on a case-by-case basis, as housing demands change
- Supervisory and security employees are not eligible.
- Limited rooms for couples available when space permits
- No pets/No smoking
- Individuals under the age of eighteen (18) are not eligible
- $10 per day per bed. All rooms are shared, no single occupancy offered.
- Security deposit of $100 will be payroll deducted.
- Rent is payroll deducted
*Rates are subject to change
- 15-20 minute walk to downtown Banff
- Becker Hall Residence location
When it's time to move into your accommodations there are a few details you should be aware of.
- Eligibility for housing is subject to a clear Criminal Record Check (CRC). The CRC must be submitted to Employee Housing no later than your move-in day. If the CRC is only required for housing purposes then you will be responsible for the cost of the CRC. See FAQ for details on how to obtain one.
If you are a returning employee that has left less than six months ago your CRC is still valid and you do not require a new one.
- Housing is available two days before your first day of work. Once travel plans have been confirmed, contact Employee Housing to book a check-in appointment. Please keep in mind Housing office hours are: 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. daily with the last appointments of the day scheduled for 4:00p.m. On arrival you will receive a housing orientation, and a tour of the accommodation to familiarize you with your surroundings.
- Regardless of which type of accommodation you choose, employees will need to provide the following:
- Bedding for a single bed (sheets, blankets, pillow). This can be purchased at the time of check-in for new Don Becker residents ONLY.
- Personal toiletries (towels, soap, toilet paper, etc.)
- Alarm clock
- Cookware/kitchenware, if you plan to cook your own meals
- Cleaning products to maintain the space
- A valid work visa will be accepted for foreign applicants for one month from the original work visa issue date. After this time, foreign workers are required to obtain a CRC issued by a Canadian law enforcement authority.
Due to the limited space available accommodation cannot be guaranteed as part of your employment.