2020/21 World Tour Contest
World Tour Contest
We’re having a contest that offers two great travel packages and other exciting prizes from Festival Partners!
Grande Prize - Canada's East Coast Trail
Enter to win a trip for two on Canada’s East Coast Trail with World Expeditions.
This prize includes two $1000 airfare credits to St. John’s Newfoundland.
Comprised of 26 wilderness paths, the East Coast Trail covers towering cliffs, deep fjords, dense greenery, and dramatic sea-stacks, arches, and ocean caves.
Prize 2 - Lake Louise
Experience Lake Louise during the magic of winter. Enjoy a fabulous ski and stay adventure courtesy of Fairmont Hotels, the Lake Louise Ski Resort, and Banff and Lake Louise Tourism.
Other great prizes from Festival Partners:
- Rab – 4 New recycled Microlight jacket
- BUFF - $250 buff headwear package
- Deuter - 16 speedlite packs
- Oboz - USA ONLY - 8 pairs of shoes: Men’s and Women’s Bozeman Low Leather
- YETI - 1 White Roadie 24, 1 Charcoal Go Box, 1 Panga 75, 1 White Tundra 45
- Lake Louise Ski Resort - 50 Lake Louise Plus Cards
- Kicking Horse Coffee - coffee for a year (1 winner Canada, 1 winner USA)
- MEC - $250 gift card
- Smartwool - Intraknit base layer top & bottom, Smart loft X jacket
Contest Rules & Enter to Win
Entry and Deadline
No purchase necessary to enter to win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
Online entries will be accepted until October 15, 2021. Limit of one entry per person. Entries must be complete to be eligible. This is an online contest only. Mailed in entries will not be accepted.
Open only to legal residents of Canada & the United States that are 19 years or older at the time of entry (excludes residents where prohibited by law).
Draw Prize Winners will be drawn four times annually (December 2020, February 2021, April 2021, and November 2021) from among all eligible entries received by Banff Centre Mountain Film and Book Festival, whose decisions in all matters relating to this contest are final. The Grand Prize winners will be drawn in November 2021. Potential winners will be notified by email and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and publicity release that must be returned and received within 14 days of the date sent to the potential winner or an alternate winner will be selected. Answering a skill-testing question will be required. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to the release of his or her name and/or likeness for potential publicity purposes, where permitted by law. Odds of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.
2020/21 Banff Centre Mountain Film Festival World Tour Contest – Official Rules
World Expeditions is delighted to be a valued partner of Banff Centre Mountain Film Festival and World Tour screenings in Canada and the US. We are excited to donate, through our specialized division Great Canadian Trails, this year’s online contest grand prize
CONTEST PRIZE: Win a trip for two on Great Canadian Trails’ East Coast Trail Experience
COUNTRY: Canada – Newfoundland and Labrador
2020 approximate total RETAIL VALUE: C$4,920 (including C$1000 airfare credit per person to get to the joining point – St. John’s NL)
This prize is being donated under the following conditions.
- Open only to legal residents of Canada & the United States that are
- 19 years or older at the time of entry (excludes residents where prohibited by law)
- The prize must be used by October 2022, meaning that travel must be completed by the end of that month.
- The prize is valid on Great Canadian Trails’ East Coast Trail Experience. Inclusions and exclusions are as per our detailed trip notes which are available on Great Canadian Trails website at greatcanadiantrails.com/ETX
- A C$1000 airfare credit per person is included for the flights.
- Trips and flights are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- The winner will be required to complete Great Canadian Trails’ booking form, which states they understand and agree to our terms and conditions. Upon signing the booking form, the winner will be bound to these terms and conditions excluding the conditions referring to payment.
- The winners will also be required to self-complete a medical form. Their doctor must sign the medical form if the winner is over 70, or has a pre-existing medical condition. Should they fail the medical, Great Canadian Trails reserves the right to refuse the winner(s) from participating in the East Coast Trail Experience.
- Winners may extend their stay in Newfoundland at their own cost. Extensions must be made at the time of confirming their prize.
- The prize is not redeemable for cash.
- Great Canadian Trails will not cover additional costs associated to the trip including but not limited to extra flights, taxes, insurance, extra accommodation, and vaccinations and any other personal expenses. Great Canadian Trails will not cover costs of meals that are not included in the scheduled itinerary.
- As per our terms and conditions, the winner will need to purchase all-inclusive insurance. The non-refundable portion of the trip should be insured and paid to Great Canadian Trails if the winner cancels the trip.
- We kindly request that the winner contact us within 60 days of winning the prize to advise us of their preferred month of travel. If the winner has not contacted us in that time frame Great Canadian Trails will assume the winner has chosen to forfeit their prize.
Enter to win for your chance to experience Lake Louise, located in the Canadian Rockies where life-changing adventure awaits.
Prize Package worth over $2,500 CAD
- Full-Day Adult Lake Louise Lift tickets and ski rentals for two (2) adults for two (2) days
- Enjoy First Tracks offering early access to the lifts/mountain and a ski instructor/guide for one morning (Max. 4 people)
- Dine at Lake Louise Ski Resort’s mid-mountain Whitehorn Bistro with a $200 F&B credit and the best views in the valley
- Two nights luxury accommodation in a Fairmont Lakeview Room at the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise in the heart of Banff National Park (for two (2) adults)
- Dinner for two (2) adults in Alpine Social, the social hub of Lake Louise where you can meet, eat and celebrate (one (1) night only)
- Complimentary self-parking (1 vehicle) and return shuttle for two (2) adults to Lake Louise Ski Resort
Note: Some blackouts and restrictions may apply.
The personal information requested when you enter the competition is collected under the authority of Section 33 (c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be protected under Part 2 of that Act. The information collected will be used for the purpose of: contacting you to administer your competition entry, keeping you informed about Banff Centre’s Mountain Festival events and programs, evaluating the competition and compiling statistics. If you require any further information in regards to this collection, use, or disclosure please contact Laurie Harvey at Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity.
Box 1020, Banff, AB T1L 1G7, Canada