A Little Too Cozy (Così fan tutte)
A Little Too Cozy is one of the operas being created as part of the 2015 Open Space: Opera in the 21st Century.
The premise is simple. Find true love, win $100,000! The catch: you can't see your match...until after you've agreed to tie the not. Don Alfonso, founder and host of "A Little Too Cozy" (the newest reality TV dating show) meets up with two of the program’s male contestants. They're in the final stages of the game show as they plan on getting married and will soon meet their brides-to-be for the first time. Alfonso presents them with their last challenge stating that their brides will, under the right circumstances, prove to be unfaithful. The men accept this final challenge knowing that the $100,000 is as good as theirs. What they don't expect is the price they will pay to find true love.
Against the Grain Theatre’s A Little Too Cozy will be a modern, English adaptation of Mozart’s Così fan tutte. Against the Grain Theatre productions are well known for being intimate, visceral, and always engaging. This promises to be no different.
Search #ALittleTooCozy to follow us on twitter.
The roles will include:
- Don Alfonso - (bass/bass-baritone) the host of "A Little Too Cozy", the newest reality television dating game show.
- Despina - (soprano), who works at "A Little Too Cozy" as the liaison for the women.
- Fiordiligi - (soprano), who works at an ad agency and is looking for love as contestant on "A Little Too Cozy."
- Dorabella - (mezzo-soprano), who works in same advertising firm as her sister Fiordiligi. She is also a contestant on "A Little Too Cozy".
- Ferrando - (tenor), a trader who is a contestant on "A Little Too Cozy."
- Guglielmo - (baritone), best friend of Ferrando and a salesman. Also on "A Little Too Cozy." Guglielmo is played by Brent Calis.