Indigenous Woman’s Achievement in Community Leadership Award
About the Indigenous Woman’s Achievement in Community Leadership Award
Indigenous Leadership at Banff Centre is excited to announce that the Indigenous Woman’s Achievement in Community Leadership Award is open for applications.
This award will cover tuition, meals and accommodation to attend any Indigenous Leadership program from May 2023 through to March 2024, pending registration completion and program availability.
To apply, one must identify as an Indigenous woman, and must have completed at least one Indigenous Leadership program in the past. Past recipients of this award are ineligible to apply again.
With gratitude, Banff Centre's Indigenous Leadership team thanks the anonymous donor for their generosity in supporting Indigenous women and Indigenous Leadership programming initiatives.
This award is open to individuals who fall under the following criteria:
- An Indigenous woman (First Nations, Metis, Inuit), who is also an alumna of an Indigenous Leadership program(s) and has not previously been awarded this prize (i.e. an alumna is only eligible for the award once).
- Applicants must write a 2 – 3 page paper or 8-10 minute video documenting the impact of a previous Indigenous Leadership program(s) content on their own personal development and on their organization/community.
How to Apply
If you are eligible, please include the following in your application:
- A 2 - 3 page paper or 8-10 minute video outlining the impact of a previous Indigenous Leadership program(s) content on their own personal development and on their organization/community. (i.e. the applicant must be able to tangibly demonstrate how their learnings have impacted community practices).
- Applicants are encouraged to be creative within their application and include any supporting materials that may help demonstrate the impact of their learnings.
- Applicants will be asked to complete a consent form within their application, for Banff Centre to use their application paper as appropriate (for example, for marketing purposes, publications, or used for research purposes, etc.).
The Indigenous Leadership team will review all submissions following the deadline and choose the selected recipient of the Award. All applicants will be notified of the Award decision.
Application deadline: June 29, 2023. Award allocation by August, 2023. For questions and further information, please contact LeadershipAdmissions@banffcentre.ca.