Reading Room Bookings
Reading Room Overview
The Great West Life, London Life & Canada Life Reading Room located on the 2nd floor of the Paul D. Fleck Library and Archives (3rd floor of Kinnear) is primarily a space for library users and staff to consult archival and library collections and materials, but anyone may use it for quiet study as long as they are willing to share.
The reading room is available for bookings, but only to Banff Centre staff and participants. It can be booked for up to four hours for a group of staff or artists and up to a full day for a Banff Centre program or an event open to the public. To ensure the room remains regularly available for users of the Library & Archives, longer bookings will not normally be accepted. There is no cost for booking the room.
- The room seats 12.
- Wireless access is available.
- Food and beverage services can be accommodated.
- The room must be returned to its original state after use.
- All Tech, F&B, Program Services requests must be made through their respective departments. Arrangements with those departments must be made for open library hours.
- The room cannot be booked for times outside the open hours of the library.
- We ask for bookings in advance so that library users know when they will have to vacate the room.
- The room must be vacated 15 minutes before the library closes, unless prior arrangements have been made.
- The room will be held up to 20 minutes after the booking time, after 20 minutes the room will be released for use on a first come, first serve basis.
If the room has not been booked, anyone is welcome to use it, but the door must be left open so that others can share it if they wish.