Getting Around Campus
Our unique campus facilities are spread over 42 acres of land on the west side of Tunnel Mountain and just a few blocks from downtown Banff.
Stay with us at newly renovated Lloyd Hall Hotel, situated at the centre of campus and featuring views of the surrounding alpine woodlands.
Enjoy an elegant dinner at Three Ravens, one of the top-rated restaurants in Banff.
Fitness + Recreation
Visit Sally Borden Fitness and Recreation Centre, the only comprehensive fitness facility in town that includes a swimming pool, a climbing wall, a weight room, and various drop-in classes.
Library + Archives
Banff Centre offers all gender washrooms across campus. For a detailed map of locations, click here.
Banff Centre welcomes guests with mobility challenges. We are always trying to improve our ability to serve all guests, artists, and leaders. Our team works with incoming guest to try to meet the needs of each individual in our facilities and services. We have wheelchair accessible rooms, studios, dining facilities, and meeting areas. There are paths, roadways, or ramps that provide access to and throughout most buildings. However, the centre, built on the side of a mountain, presents challenges to those with limited mobility. We recommend that you contact us in advance so that we can meet you upon your arrival to facilitate your understanding of the best routes and services available.
Getting to Campus
- Walk up Ken Madsen path to Banff Centre via Wolverine Street along the north side of the historic cemetery.
- Take a stroll along the scenic Bow River via Buffalo Street and Surprise Corner. Enjoy a spectacular view of the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel.
- Follow Wolf or Moose Street via St. Julien Road past the Tunnel Mountain trailhead. Watch out for traffic as a pedestrian pathway along the road is limited.
Roam Bus - Service temporarily suspended
- The new bus route 7 to Banff Centre from downtown Banff departs every 30 minutes between 7 and 10 AM and again between 4 and 7:30 PM. The fares for Route 7 are $2.00 for one-way.
Various parking options are available through campus, all of which are free. Please refer to the campus map.
Parkade (North end of campus)
- From downtown, follow Moose or Wolf Street
- Turn right to St. Julien Road and drive up to Banff Centre
- Turn left to St. Julien Way and follow the parking signs to the parkade which is located below the Music & Sound building
Parking lot (South end of campus)
- From downtown, follow Buffalo Street and drive up the hill to Banff Centre
- Turn left and follow signs to the parking lot
Join us for an Event
In addition to our campus amenities, Banff Centre is proud to offer over 400 events year round including concerts, film screenings, readings, talks, dance, opera, theatre performances, art exhibitions and open studios. Events vary from paid to free and are always open to the public. Check out what's happening this month by checking out the events calendar.