Signature Image Submission
The 2019 Signature Image submission form is now open!
The annual signature image is used on our marketing materials which includes posters (both in Banff and in approximately 40 countries on the World Tour), postcards, banners, website (Festival website as well as World Tour host sites), 30,000 Festival brochures, 32,000 Festival programs, and over 120,000 World Tour Magazines.
- We offer a payment of $2,500 (CAD) for the winning image.
- The photographer also receives far-reaching exposure of their work, and the winning image will be featured prominently on our website and during an exhibition at the 2019 Festival, along with the winner's biography.
- The winner also receives 10 tickets to attend events at the Banff Centre Mountain Film and Book Festival.
- Deadline to enter:
Monday, March 4, 2019, (10 pm MST)
The 43rd annual Banff Centre Mountain Film and Book Festival was represented by Ben Tibbetts' image of Valentine Fabre on the Dent du Géant.
How to Enter
Deadline: Monday, March 4 (10 p.m. MST)
Please contact Nicky_Lynch@banffcentre.ca if you have any questions. .
- Please first read through the image elements and technical requirements below
- Submit the online form with your contact information and include the following:
- Your image(s) (no more than 10 images, maximum 2MB per image) If selected, you will be asked for higher resolution images in April.
Photos must be named as LastName_FirstName_ImageNumber
**Please be sure to click UPLOAD after selecting each of your image file
- OR A link to a photo gallery/lightbox that you've prepared specifically for the Banff Centre Mountain Film and Book Festival
NOTE: Please do not have an expiry date to download images. (As we review in a batch, not as individual entries are received on a daily basis.)
Image Elements: What we are looking for
Theme: The signature image reflects our mountain-themed Festival.
The image can be taken from anywhere in the world, as long as it's mountain-themed.
Concept: We look for an image that evokes passion and energy, has a dynamic and enticing landscape and/or features a mountain activity.
Orientation: The image must work well both vertically and horizontally. Most of our marketing materials are vertical (posters, banners, postcards, ads, etc.), but for web and video production, a horizontal orientation is preferred.
Many of our winners have been horizontal originals that crop well vertically for marketing materials.
Clean: We incorporate the placement of numerous sponsor logos, so we are looking for images where these can be easily incorporated.
Exposure: We want an image that hasn’t already appeared in a national ad campaign or been featured in magazines.
Free of commercial elements: We want an image without prominent commercial elements such as clearly visible logos.
The image will be used by Festival and World Tour hosts and partners who are third parties connected to the Festival and may be used on items such as shirts, merchandise, banners etc.
For reference only:
- JPG files are preferred, 2MB max per image.
(The photographer of the chosen image will be asked to provide a high-resolution RAW or TIFF file - Vertical format original: minimum height 17"h (or larger) at 300 dpi; Horizontal format original: minimum height 17"h (or larger) at 300 dpi)
- Please provide a maximum of 10 images. Send us your best choices!
- We welcome lightbox/gallery web links as long as they are created specifically for this competition – and ideally we will need to be able to download the images for the selection process.
NOTE: Please do not have an expiry date to download images, as we review in a batch, not as individual entries are received.