Signature Image Submission
By clicking the subscribe button, you agree to receive newsletters and informational emails monthly or weekly from Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Calling all mountain photographers!
The Signature Image submission form is now open.
- We are now offering a payment of $2,000 (CAD) for the winning image.
- The photographer also receives far-reaching exposure of their work, and the winning image will be featured prominently on our website and during an exhibition at the 2018 Festival, along with the winner's biography.
- The winner will also receive 10 tickets to attend events at the 2018 Banff Centre Mountain Film and Book Festival.
- Deadline to enter: Tuesday, February 27 (10 pm MST)
How to Enter
Deadline: Tuesday, February 27 (10 p.m. MST)
Please contact Nicky_Lynch@banffcentre.ca if you have any questions. .
- Please first read through the image elements and technical requirements below
- Submit the online form with your contact information and include the following
- Your image(s) (no more than 4 images)
- OR A link to a photo gallery/lightbox that you've prepared specifically for the Banff Mountain Film and Book Festival
Click here to enter your images now (easy to use online form)
Image Elements: What we are looking for
Theme: The signature image reflects our mountain-themed Festival.
Concept: We look for an image that evokes passion and energy, has a dynamic and enticing landscape and/or features a mountain activity.
Orientation: The image must work well both vertically and horizontally. Most of our marketing materials are vertical (posters, banners, postcards, ads, etc.), but for web and video production, a horizontal orientation is preferred. Many of our winners have been horizontal originals that crop well vertically for marketing materials.
Clean: We incorporate the placement of numerous sponsor logos, so we are looking for images where these can be easily incorporated.
Exposure: We want an image that hasn’t already appeared in a national ad campaign or been featured in magazines.
Free of commercial elements: We want an image without prominent commercial elements such as clearly visible logos.
- JPG files are preferred, 2MB max per image.
(The photographer of the chosen image will be asked to provide a high-resolution RAW or TIFF file - Vertical format original: minimum height 17"h (or larger) at 300 dpi; Horizontal format original: minimum height 17"h (or larger) at 300 dpi)
- Please provide a maximum of 10 images. Send us your best choices!
- We welcome lightbox/gallery web links as long as they are created specifically for this competition – and ideally we will need to be able to download the images for the selection process.